- Proper nutrition for the prevention and reversal of degenerative dental disease
- Avoidance and /or the elimination of toxins from dental materials or dental infections
- Prevention and treatment of dental malocclusion, bite problems and physical imbalance of the jaws and body.
- Prevention and/ or elimination of energetic (electromagnetic) disturbances
- Addressing issues with posture, breathing, stress, sleep and lifestyle.
At Evolve, we offer a broad range of holistic dental health promoting services and treatments to enhance your smile, and to restore comfort and function to your mouth in addition to supporting your total health.
Holistic dentistry focuses on treating tooth decay and gum disease, without using harsh chemicals or materials that can adversely impact on you health. Holistic dentistry applies a whole body approach to dental disease that addresses the fundamentals of good health so as to understand why you are suffering dental problems and to support you to be better equipped to prevent them.
There is a new paradigm emerging in health care, one that focuses on the process of health and wellness instead of the treatment of disease. This new medicine embraces both modern science and knowledge drawn from the world’s great traditions of natural healing.
Study of these traditions reveals certain truths that can be applied to promote health and well being. These basic principles form the foundation for all holistic health practices.
We offer an innovative approach to holistic dental health care of the mouth, incorporating a broad range of holistic dental services to enhance your smile, and to restore comfort and function to your mouth.
Biological General Dentistry: Comprehensive natural care for your mouth, teeth, and gums, with your overall health our primary concern. At the core of this approach to dental care is the recognition of the mouth as a micro-environment of the body with the potential to reflect changes in the health of the whole person.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry to give you a smile that communicates your true spirit to others with crowns, bonding, porcelain laminates, a whitening to brighten your smile.
- Gum Disease and Tooth Decay Natural Integrative Therapy: Natural Treatment for Gum Disease that utilises nutrition and supplements/herbal medicines to enhance the health of your gums. Medical research has established a systemic link between gum disease and various systemic disorders.
- Integrative Orthodontics: Integrative Orthodontics that straightens teeth, creates beautiful smiles, and improves the posture and function of the body utilising the latest functionally oriented orthodontic techniques combined with a holistic approach to correct alignment of the whole body.
- The Dental Treatment of Snoring and Sleep Apnoea: Oral appliances are worn in the mouth to treat snoring and sleep apnoea. These devices are similar to orthodontic retainers or sports mouth guards though designed to promote easier breathing and relaxation of the nervous system.
- TMJ/Cranial Therapy: TMJ & Head and Facial pain are treated with an advanced approach integrating complementary therapies, with the best of Dentistry.
- Safe Removal of Mercury Amalgam Fillings: During removal of Mercury-Amalgam fillings and replacement with carefully selected bio-compatible alternatives, mercury is released as a vapour. We will be using specially developed protocols to minimise your risk of exposure to this very toxic material.
- Bio-compatibility Screening of Materials Used: Because each of us presents a unique situation it is important that composite and other materials to be used in our mouths is screened to insure bio-compatibility for us. Therefore we screen to make sure the materials we use will not have an allergic reaction or other adverse affect.
- Dental Connection: In biological dentistry we look at the mouth as a micro environment of the body with the profound potential to reflect and influence the health of the whole person. If the flow of energy is disrupted through the mouth it may affect other regions of the body, and conversely, disruptions elsewhere may manifest in the mouth. We will treat your mouth considering the dental energy points in order to treat your whole body
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. Pure titanium is used as the tooth root as we have found that most patients are not sensitive to pure titanium.
For a great smile, improved aesthetics and your health, we offer our patients Metal Free Dentistry.
Most metal fillings are gold or silver fillings. The silver fillings are actually a mixture of metals known as amalgam and contain over 50% mercury. Mercury is known to be an extremely toxic heavy metal and can reduce kidney, liver and thyroid function, be related to depression and mood swings, can suppress the immune system and is implicated in many nervous system disorders just to mention a few of the health implications.
Metals can leach and interfere with the health of the body and can also cause electromagnetic disturbances to the nervous system and flow of energy in the body.
When plaque bacteria erode tooth enamel, they can form cavities and areas of decay in the tooth structure. Left unchecked, this can destroy the sensitive nerves and root structure of teeth. Our composite resin fillings are placed in order to stop cavities and restore the bite surface. During the procedure, the decay and only a minimal amount of the original tooth structure will be removed. Composite resin fillings appear natural and are virtually undetectable in your smile.
Even if you have existing metal fillings and amalgams they can be safely removed and replaced with composite tooth-coloured fillings that are beautiful and metal free.
Unlike metal-based crowns of the past, our all-ceramic crowns are crafted using the latest technology and techniques that uses layers of porcelain that not only protect the remaining tooth structure, but look more realistic than crowns of the past. Because of this careful process, light is able to move through the semi-translucent material in much the same way as natural teeth, which means it mimics tooth structure and looks very natural in your smile.
Porcelain is also extremely strong and durable, and will last for years to come.
Metal-based crowns have also been known to erode along the gumline, exposing a dark line of metal at the base of the tooth. We use only metal-free crowns in our restorative dentistry procedures so you never have to worry about being able to see a dark line where your crown finishes against your tooth.
Our patients often report that friends and family can’t tell their crowns from their natural teeth, and that they are confident their bite is stronger because of the porcelain crowns.